Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wonderful Sundays

Today was Homecoming at church! I love it. Its basically an excuse for us to get together and eat. We don't even need a reason to get together and eat, we do it every Sunday night after church. And of course, we got together tonight even though we didn't even have church.

So what did I take to Homecoming? Mom's delicious angel food cake trifle and Paula Deen's Chicken/Rice Casserole.

Recipe for Heaven:
Get your big trifle bowl
How much are you making? Well it depends on your bowl. My bowl is rather large, so I doubled it.
One angel food cake, sliced horizontally, then cut into chunks
One container of Cool Whip
One can of fruit pie filling (cherry, strawberry, blueberry, etc. I wouldn't use apple)

Cover the bottom of your bowl in cake, then cover with fruit, then cover with Cool Whip.
Repeat layers until you get to the top.

That's it! Everyone thinks its complicated, but its not. Stewart even gave me a shout-out during church about it.

Chicken and rice casserole, compliments of Mrs. Paula Deen.


So after the food coma set in and we all took naps, we got together for dinner. As if we hadn't eaten enough during lunch.

But that's my church family! And part of the reasons why I love Sundays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment