Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fatsos

A couple years ago (3 actually), my sister had her 2nd child. My parents got her a baby swing or something. My mom felt guilty about buying baby things for my sister and wanted to be fair, so she got me an automatic litter box for my cats. The LitterMaid Elite Advanced Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box. Which was pretty cool, actually. After the cat uses the box, it would sanitize the air for a few minutes, then it would rake all the "stuff" that Carlos or Layla had left into a container. Kept the air clean, kept all the "stuff" in a contained area until it was time to empty it.

It was pretty nice. The first couple of times it did its thing, it was a little loud. Caught you off guard, scared the crap outta Carlos. You got used to it.


Fastfoward to yesterday morning. 6am. I get out of the shower and am getting ready to dry my hair because I have to be at work at 6:30am. I open the door to the computer/cat room (its where their litter box and food are, and where they sleep at night. We're not having Jungle Cats on my bed at 3am), and Carlos comes out like a cannon. "MOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMIMISSEDYOUINTHE5HOURSIWASAWAYFROMYOU MOMOMOMOMOMOMOM!!!"

Shhh, you're too loud. I hear the litterbox raking. I go pick out some clothes for work. It's still raking. Come into the computer room and the thing has broken. One of the side wheely-gears has broken off into the litter. So the box has been trying to rake and it can't make it to the end, to dump the "stuff" into the container. All the while Carlos is all "MOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMMYTOILETISMESSEDUPMOMOMOMOMOMIMISSEDYOUMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOM!!!"

I turned off the litter box, turned it back on. Repeat process. Realize that it's broke and I have to get a new one. But its already 6:15am, and I have to be at work in 15 minutes. Hair will be going up in a clip today.

I had all intentions of getting a new litter box yesterday, but I was so tired that I came home and took a nap. Didn't wake up until about 6:00pm or so, and continued to be lazy. Put on some clothes to go get Taco Bell, and spent the rest of the night on the couch.

So I went to Petsmart today and got a new litter box, the Booda Clean Step Litter Box.



I figured with the name Booda (Bhudda) it was meant for fatsos, like my cats. It doesn't auto-clean, but it has air filters and a cover. And a walkway that's supposed to collect litter and keep it inside the box and off my floor. We'll see.

1 comment: