Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ramblings

I'm the "single girl". The odd one out, the third wheel. Normally it doesnt bother me, because I've got my own life going on. But sometimes, mostly on days like today, it really bums me out.

I love helping to throw wedding and baby showers. But then its just another reminder of me being the "single girl". I'm tired of being single. Seriously. Its getting old. I was talking with Rachel at church today and found out that we have a lot in common. She was single for a long time before she met Drew, and then it was meant to be. And I know that God has someone special just for me, and His timing is perfect. But His timing isnt mine. And I'm very impatient. We've had talks about this before.

I like wearing dresses and heels. Mostly, I wear them to church. But I want to be able to wear them and go out on a date. It gets very lonely on my couch on the weekends, as I'm sitting alone watching tv or a movie. Sometimes, its nice to stay home. But maybe I want to sit on the couch with someone else.

My friends who are in relationships (married or dating) are awesome. They invite me over, and we hang out, or go out to eat, or whatever. It helps, because thats a Friday or a Saturday where I'm not alone. I normally dont make a big deal about it, but sometimes, I just get lonely.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I hear ya. Some days are great. Others suck. AH.

    ReplyDelete