Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello, Summer

Hello friends! Sorry to be so long is writing. Let's see.......where was I?

Oh right, I had another 5k in May. I did alright. Not as fast as I would have liked, but I was by myself and didn't have anyone to pace me. I did have my MP3 player, but it's not the same as having someone to talk to while you run. And try not to stop.

ECU has let out for the summer, which means that our workload has slowed down a bit. Granted, there are some students in summer school, but it normally doesn't bother us.

My boss went on vacation for a week, came back and worked for a two days, then went out on leave. He had to have foot surgery (again). Same foot! Thankfully, he went ahead and created the schedules an entire month out, and even put reminders on days for me. Reminders like, conference calls on Monday mornings at 11am, payroll is due by 9am alternating Mondays, etc. Pretty nice of him to do that.

My sister officially has her Master's degree! She tested, turned in, presented everything yesterday. I wasn't nervous, I knew she could do it.

Camp is in a few weeks. Since my friends Clee and Lara have retired from camp, that leaves an open spot for Dorm Mom. And since I'm the female counselor with the most experience, that means I get to be Dorm Mom. But that means I have to stay up in the front of the dorm, instead of my back room on the left. I love that room! But Julia will have one of the back rooms. I've trained her well :)

I'm a little nervous because I'll be in charge of crafts this summer at camp. I've helped Lara with crafts, but I've never been in charge of it. I'll have to pick her brain sometime soon.

You can come visit us at camp. You may be sent in search of Bojangles too!

No comments:

Post a Comment